Matthew 5:17-20: How Jesus Fulfills the Scriptures
Passage: Matthew 5:17–5:20
1. What Does It Mean That Jesus Fulfills the Law & Prophets?
- Does not mean that he merely kept it
- Does not mean that law & prophets don’t matter to us
- Does not mean that he simply reinforces it
- Does mean ‘to live out, to teach, and to govern by the reality of what was being pointed to all along’
2. What Difference Does It Make That We Understand This?
- We Will Rightly Treasure the Scriptures
- We Will Rightly Glorify Christ
- We Will Rightly Esteem Obedience in the Kingdom
- We Will Rightly Shun Performance as A Way to Enter the Kingdom
More in Kingdom Come: The Gospel of Matthew
December 13, 2020Matthew 13:44-52: What Will You Do with This Treasure?
December 6, 2020Matthew 13:24-43: Do You See The Kingdom Coming?
November 29, 2020Matthew 13:1-23: Sorting Out Soils